The Covid-19 emergency hasn’t removed your rights under the Equality Act 2010 (nor under the Human Rights Act 1998). Are you having difficulty with the following:
– Access to online shopping at a supermarket?
– Access to online facilities generally, because they are inaccessible?
– Are you having to go out to charge an electricity or gas meter key, when you should be shielding inside because of your disability?
– If you do go out to shops, are you being told that your Personal Assistant/Care Assistant/Communication Assistant cannot go into the shop with you?
– Are there any other situations where your disability isn’t being taken into account where it should be, or where it is being used as a barrier to prevent you from getting a service?
You have rights under the Equality Act 2010 in all these situations (and if the organisation is a public authority or carrying out a public function, there may also be rights under the Human Rights Act ). Contact us using the enquiry form on our website or through SignVideo.